Quickly, here are my thoughts on #19 as we get closer to the start of today's draft:
Everette Brown or Larry English
Scared as Hell They'll Draft:
Josh Freeman or Michael Johnson
Surprise pick (don't sleep on this):
Alphonso Smith, CB (Wake Forest)
Why would he be a fit for the Bucs?
• Very good game speed; instincts
• Hunts the ball down; closes well
• Solid run supporter
• Experienced and productive (51 games; 21 INT is #1 all time ACC)
• Big plays / Hands / Ball skills
• Plays with aggression (maybe a tad too much); tough attitude
If the Bucs trade down from #19 and don't go with English, Smith would be my pick. That said, if they stay put and and take Smith at #19, it wouldn't surprise me much due to his skillset and the obvious need for a starting caliber corner. As I said yesterday, I don't think he's proper value at #19, but I wouldn't be upset with the pick.As I write this, if I had to choose what the Bucs will do, I think Josh Freeman will be the pick if he's on the board.